The Latinx Leaders Roundtable (Roundtable) is a group of leaders in the Rochester community that has a deep focus on advocacy, leveraging our collective power, resources, and creating a united voice. We exist to convene, lead, and represent Latinx interests and advancement efforts at a policy and systems level. We will do this by engaging Latinx leadership in an inclusive and collaborative approach to advocate for the rights of Latinx individuals and represent our communities’ concerns.
We create meaningful policy changes, and ensure adequate/equitable direct services for Latinx individuals. We are seen and heard at the various decision making tables of our community. The systemic barriers that negatively impact the Latinx community have been eliminated, and our needs are intentionally prioritized.
A Latinx Leader is a person involved in their community, who enjoys working with people, yet does not back off when the work gets hard and people get difficult. They are able to be challenging while being respectful. They are sometimes recognized by the community, yet can also be a behind the scene advocate, an unsung hero. A Latinx Leader is a credible messenger that knows Latinxs’ struggles in all aspects of life, beyond education, employment, health and housing. They exhibit these characteristics:
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to build strong trusting and reliable relationships throughout the community
- Ability to mobilize community members, execute on community initiatives, bring people together with diverse perspectives, personalities and opinions.
- Ability to inspire, influence and motivate others towards change and put their personal agendas aside for the greater good
- Courageous in taking on community issues, finding solutions and engaging others in advancing our community
- Be a strong collaborator, their dedication is progress, not obstruction.
- Is encouraging and respectful
- Has knowledge of Latinx History and Greater Rochester Latinx History
- Prior active participation in community organizing or leading projects organizations or other areas of responsibility impacting the Latinx community
- Bicultural perspective on issues Latinxs are facing in our area
- Working with low income families, poor communities
- Understanding the not for profit agency’s struggles
- Understanding of different for profit sectors (marketing, business, etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to listen and gain perspective on different views, beliefs and opinions
- Be non-confrontational but with a strong ability to communicate needs clearly
- Spanish fluency at a Business Conversational level, a plus
- Sense of humor, patience, and ability to work on a team
Rochester Latinx Leaders Roundtable
Cover photo of the Rochester skyline by Patrick Ashley. Licensed from Wikimedia Commons.
Copyright © 2021 Rochester Latinx Leaders Roundtable - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder